Looking for something different? Want to make some gifts for friends and family? Sign up for this fun filled class and learn how to make a basket or bowl featuring a fussy cut motif.
Date: Saturday, October 8, 2022 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 1” strips of fabric – shop sample uses 8 strips for the basket, which has a 4” diameter base and is 3” tall. More strips will be needed if a larger basket or handles are desired. The strips should have one edge ironed over about ¼” for a more finished look. Please precut strips and iron them prior to class.
- A fussy cut fabric medallion, if desired and fusible web such as steam a seam for the medallion.
- Thread to match fabric selection or something different to accent or create a scrappy look. The thread does show, so it is part of the design element.
- 8 yards of 1/4” or 3/8” Natural cotton craft rope that is braided (or cotton clothes line). Craft rope has a softer texture and is easier to work with and easier for the machine. The core of the rope must be cotton!
- Any adornments such as beads and buttons can be used.
- You will also need a sewing machine in good working order, pins, seam ripper, rotary cutter, cutting mat, and other notions you would normally use in a sewing project. Quilt Essentials offers a 15% discount on supplies purchased for the class prior to class and on the class day.
Instructor: Julie Schroyer
There are no reviews yet.